How many of you like the idea of giving personalized gifts to your loved ones. I love giving personalized gifts. White there are many options to choose from, home-cooked goodies are my favourite gift items. A nice, healthy, home-baked cake is something that everyone will love for a gift.
Unfortunately, in this busy schedule, few of us get time to make, or even think of such gifts, and we end up buying sugar-laden sweets, pastries and muffins from stores. To solve this problem, I am presenting a very simple and yet extremely delicious pineapple cake that you can make in jiffy. This cake will not only win your loved ones’ hearts, it will also make you a pro-baker 😀
So, let’s start. This recipe makes an 8-inch long tea-cake.
- 1 cup all purpose flour;
- ½ cup vegetable oil;
- ½ cup powdered or icing sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 slices of canned pineapple or ½ cup chunky pineapple puree;
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder;
- A pinch of soda bicarbonate;
- A pinch of salt;
- Pineapple flavour 2-3 drops;
- Yellow food colour (optional).
For the glaze:
- ½ cup icing sugar, sieved;
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- To make the pineapple puree, pulse the pineapple slices in your food processor. We do not want a fine paste, but want some very fine pineapple chunks. If you do not want to use canned pineapple, use fresh cut pineapple. The final puree will measure ½ cup.
- Sieve together all purpose flour, icing sugar, baking powder and soda bicarbonate; keep aside.
- In a bowl add vegetable oil and the 2 eggs, and whisk together till well-combined (about 2 minutes).
- Now add to the wet mixture, food colour and pineapple flavour.
- Incorporate the wet mixture into your dry mixture. Your batter will look little dry at this stage.
- Now add the pineapple puree into your cake batter and mix with a spatula. Your batter will be now of perfect consistency.
- Line a cake loaf tin, with parchment paper, and pour the mixture. Even out the top with your spatula.
- Bake this cake in a pre-heated oven, at 180 Celsius for 25 minutes.
You can enjoy your cake as is, or you can go ahead and glaze it. And what’s better than to decorate a pineapple cake with a tangy and fresh lemon glaze!
Let the cake sit till it cools down to room temperature. Make the lemon glaze by mixing the ingredients. Now gently spoon it over the cake and refrigerate it for 30 minutes and voila! Your awesomely yummy pineapple cake is ready.
Stay tuned for many easy recipe.