Nothing beats a lazy weekend morning, and now top it up with a healthy breakfast!
In Assamese food, rice flour plays an integral role. I remember Ma making rice flour pan cakes, and me enjoying them with ketchup or some nice chutney. So, today, I decided to make rice flour pan cakes for a lazy Saturday morning. But, I made them with drumstick leaves. Yes drumstick leaves; these leaves have immense health benefits. They are good for the immune system and also for diabetic patients.
This is a simple and hearty recipe. The measures given below make 4-5 pan cakes.
- 2 cups rice flour,
- 1/2 cup drumstick leave, removed from stem and washed. These can be chopped or just torned by hand,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder,
- salt and pepper,
- Around a cup of water for making the batter,
- Oil for making the pan cakes
- Mix all dry ingredients and season with salt and pepper,
- Slowly mix in water, to make a pourable consistency batter; the batter should be almost liquidy,
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a pan, and pour around half cup of batter. Now swirl the pan to spread the batter; do not make it a very thin layer. Sprinkle some oil on top, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium to high heat. Turn the pan cake and for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Take off pan, and your crispy golden gluten-free pan cakes are ready!
- Enjoy with some ketchup or green chutney.