I am crazy about baking, even though I end up creating disasters some times. During, Navratras however, I find it a bit difficult to think of eggless recipes that I can bake in a jiffy. It’s a Sunday today, and I was wondering since morning that I really should bake something; but what!
As I was craving madly for some soft and spongy cake, I decided to treat myself to a homemade tutti frutti cake, made without eggs!
This recipe is simple, and takes, literally 35-40 minutes of prep and cooking time. I have used a regular length bread tin for this recipe.
- ¾ cup plain yogurt;
- ½ cup and 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter;
- 1 cup all-purpose flour;
- ½ cup castor sugar (you can increase it by 1-2 tablespoon; I like medium sweetness);
- 1 and 1/3 teaspoon baking powder;
- ½ teaspoon soda bicarbonate;
- A pinch of salt;
- 30-40 grams tutti frutti, mixed with 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour;
- 2-3 drops of mixed fruit flavour and 1-2 drops of orange color (both optional).
- Whisk yogurt well, for 3-4 minutes;
- Add melted butter and sugar into the yogurt, and whisk well for another 1-2 minutes; at this stage, you can add flavouring agent and food color;
- Mix together flour, raising agents and salt, and sift twice;
- Now mix the dry and wet ingredients together, and mix until well combined;
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius, and line the cake tin with greased parchment paper;
- Before pouring the mixture into the tin, add the tutti frutti and mix lightly. Tip: Mixing the tutti frutti with dry flour, makes it lighter; meaning all the frutti bits will spread evenly throughout the cake and won’t settle at the bottom.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, at 180 degree Celsius;
Let it cool at room temp., and enjoy!