When you come back from a long office day, do you feel like, “o god, no more planning and cooking!”? Well, I feel like this most of the days. But, let me tell you one thing, A QUICK TASTY DINNER IS POSSIBLE!
Here is my recipe for a quick dinner menu — vegetarian pesto sauce pasta. Pesto sauce has a beautiful texture, a nutty flavor and it already includes all the seasoning and flavoring needed. Just add some garlic bread on the side, and some wine, and you are ready to host a beautiful dinner for your special one.
This recipe serves 2-3 people.
- Around 100 grams spaghetti;
- 1 cup diced broccoli and carrot;
- 3 tablespoon pesto sauce (I have used store-bought; its easily available and quite handy);
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil;
- 2 cloves of crushed and diced garlic;
- Salt and pepper.
- Sauté the garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil till lightly colored;
- Now add diced vegetables and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, keep aside.
- Boil a large pot of water and add 2 tablespoon salt.
- Once the water starts boiling, add your spaghetti and cook for 7-8 minutes, or as per instructions. Before draining, save 2 ladle full of pasta water (and DO NOT rinse pasta in cold water, until and unless you are preparing for a salad).
- In a pan, take 1 tablespoon olive oil, and stir in the pesto sauce. Cook for 20-30 seconds, and add the sautéed vegetables. Adjust the seasoning, I add chili flakes at this stage to make it little bit spicier.
- Add in the reserved pasta water, and now add the drained pasta. Give it a stir, and its done.
Serve with some Parmesan on top and an extra drizzle of olive oil.