A quick and easy starter can be such a lifesaver for any party organizer. I just love different kababs and salads as starters. A seafood starter, however, has a different charm to it, don’t you think? Today, I am presenting a very easy to make prawn starter that is sure to win many hearts at your party or at a simple family dinner.
This recipe serves 3-4 portions.
- 10-12 large prawns, cleaned and de-veined;
- 3 tablespoon butter;
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic;
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion;
- ½ teaspoon each of turmeric and red chilli powder;
- Salt and pepper;
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice;
- Lemon wedges and spring onion for garnishing.
- Marinate the prawns in a pinch of salt, turmeric, chilli powder, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat butter and sauté the garlic and onions together, till half-way cooked.
- Now add the prawns and sauté. Adjust for seasoning at this stage.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and switch off the flame.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of lemon juice on top and garnish with spring onions.
Hope you enjoy this simple recipe.
Stay tuned for many more easy recipes.