I love all kinds of fish, big or small. Although, for me nothing beats a crispy fried (in mustard oil) rohu piece, I love experimenting with flavours added as marinade to fishes. Today, I am sharing sesame seeds flavoured Mackerel fried recipe. This seasoning can be used for other medium sized fish as well. It gives a nutty and spicy flavour; and what more, drizzling olive oil while serving it enhances the taste even more.
It is quite an easy recipe, with time required mostly for the marinating process. Hope you guys give it a try!
- 2 mackerel, cleaned and washed. Make slits at a regular interval.
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds, soaked in water 3-4 hours,
- 2 tablespoon ginger – garlic paste,
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander,
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chillies,
- Few whole black peppers,
- Salt and pepper,
- Olive oil for frying and also drizzling on top,
- Lemon juice.
- Make paste with sesame seeds, ginger-garlic, coriander, whole peppers, green chillies and salt.
- Marinate the fishes in the above paste for at least half an hour. Try to add the paste into the slits and also the cleaned insides.
- Now drizzle olive oil on a pan, and fry the fishes on medium heat. Fry for around 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of olive oil, a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice and pepper powder.
Stay tuned for many more tried and tested recipes.