A quick and easy starter can be such a lifesaver for any party organizer. I just love different kababs and salads as starters. A seafood starter, however, has a different charm to it, don’t you think? Today, I am presenting a very easy to make prawn starter that is sure to win many hearts at your party or at a simple family dinner.
This recipe serves 3-4 portions.
- 10-12 large prawns, cleaned and de-veined;
- 3 tablespoon butter;
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic;
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion;
- ½ teaspoon each of turmeric and red chilli powder;
- Salt and pepper;
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice;
- Lemon wedges and spring onion for garnishing.
- Marinate the prawns in a pinch of salt, turmeric, chilli powder, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat butter and sauté the garlic and onions together, till half-way cooked.
- Now add the prawns and sauté. Adjust for seasoning at this stage.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and switch off the flame.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of lemon juice on top and garnish with spring onions.
Hope you enjoy this simple recipe.
Stay tuned for many more easy recipes.
I love all kinds of fish, big or small. Although, for me nothing beats a crispy fried (in mustard oil) rohu piece, I love experimenting with flavours added as marinade to fishes. Today, I am sharing sesame seeds flavoured Mackerel fried recipe. This seasoning can be used for other medium sized fish as well. It gives a nutty and spicy flavour; and what more, drizzling olive oil while serving it enhances the taste even more.
It is quite an easy recipe, with time required mostly for the marinating process. Hope you guys give it a try!
- 2 mackerel, cleaned and washed. Make slits at a regular interval.
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds, soaked in water 3-4 hours,
- 2 tablespoon ginger – garlic paste,
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander,
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chillies,
- Few whole black peppers,
- Salt and pepper,
- Olive oil for frying and also drizzling on top,
- Lemon juice.
- Make paste with sesame seeds, ginger-garlic, coriander, whole peppers, green chillies and salt.
- Marinate the fishes in the above paste for at least half an hour. Try to add the paste into the slits and also the cleaned insides.
- Now drizzle olive oil on a pan, and fry the fishes on medium heat. Fry for around 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of olive oil, a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice and pepper powder.
Stay tuned for many more tried and tested recipes.