Some dishes have the potential to not only lift your health up but also lift your spirit. They are healthy, colourful and not to mention flavourful. Couscous is one such food that can be made into a beautiful salad that instantly lifts your mood, and of course your appetite. I love couscous, because I can make both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes out of it; its versatile and very light. Overall, it’s a “happy food”. So, today, I am sharing my go to recipe, whenever I feel like making something simple and yet tasty. This recipe makes for two good portion servings. I am using instant couscous, which requires only boiled water. Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup of instant couscous,
- ¼ cup of boiling hot water.
- Mixed vegetables:
- ½ cup zucchini chopped,
- 1/3 cup each of cucumber and tomato chopped; remove the seeds from the tomato,
- 1 cup of red pepper chopped,
- 1 cup of paneer chopped,
- 2 tablespoon orange juice,
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice,
- ½ teaspoon each of chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and pepper,
- 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Boil the water with a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil,
- Pour this on the instant couscous; cover and keep aside. You can also follow the instructions written on the back of the couscous packet to prepare it.
- Lightly sauté red bell pepper, paneer cubes and zucchini in little oil, separately in that order. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
- Now fluff the couscous with a fork and mix in with the dressing.
- Add all the vegetables and mix with a fork.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Your healthy couscous salad is ready. Enjoy this recipe as breakfast or a hearty meal for dinner. Here, I am serving this salad with green chana (choliya) tikkis (click here to go to the recipe for this). Stay tuned for many more healthy food.