Pasta aglio e olio doesn’t need any new introduction. I think its the easiest pasta recipe! I make it quite often, whenever, I am too tired to think of anything elaborate or am just plain tired. It is fulfilling and a pretty beautiful dish.
Here is how I make it; it serves two.
- Boiled spaghetti; I add dried basil and little salt in the boiling water;
- Split cherry tomatoes, around half cup;
- 1/3 cup fresh green peas;
- 1 medium onion sliced;
- 4 cloves of garlic finely sliced;
- Olive oil (extra virgin);
- Salt, pepper, garlic and herbs dried mix, parmesan and chilli flakes.
- In a pan, heat olive oil;
- Add onion and garlic, and sauté till garlic is cooked. Do not burn the garlic;
- Now add peas and tomatoes, and cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes;
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes and herbs, and mix;
- Now switch off the flame and add the drained pasta, and mix;
- Top it up with pepper and parmesan, and serve!
Hope you like it. Stay tuned for many more quick recipes.